Does your child need a little help?
Posted on July 13th, 2017
There are a number of signs that your child might benefit from additional support away from school, and sometimes a booster course over the holidays fits better with family life than term-time tuition, when children may already have a busy schedule of extra-curricular activities.
Some of the signs to look out for are:
- Your child seems to be falling behind in class and maybe getting lower grades than expected.
- They are unable or unwilling to cope with homework.
- They are uninterested in their school work - possibly because the level is too difficult or too easy for them.
- A child may even become reluctant to go to school.
- Exams are looming and they are getting stressed.
- They are showing signs of self-doubt, using phrases like “I just can’t do any better!”
- Your child may be struggling with some key skills, such as fractions and percentages or reading comprehension.
If you are unsure, then why not book an assessment with a qualified tutor to help you decide how best to support your child?